Wednesday, October 26, 2011

remembering the light...

Diwali has always been one of my favourite festivals. The lights, the colours, the noise, the sweets, ah, the revelry! Being in Hyderabad these last couple of years, all that has somehow translated to a very hectic day with those people who mean so much more than even family, sometimes. The running around, the bossing, the leg- pulling, the cooking, the dressing up, the eating, oh, the hogging!!!
Today, when I look back at all that was, all I can think of is, no matter how much I disliked some things you did, how much I cribbed, how hurtful you were to me sometimes, how mean I was to you; no matter how far I go, or how many days go by without my calling you up (that has almost become a habit now), you will always be the ones who lighted up my life in so many different ways...from that first diwali with gajar ka halwa to the last one where all of us just forgot our differences and laughed...

Will I ever live those days again?

5 comments: